Original production art from “The Bear That Wasn’t”. Top image production layout drawing, graphite on 12 field MGM animation paper by Chuck Jones. Bottom image, production bacground and cel art, gouache on art board and gouache on acetate.
Created from the 1946 book of the same title by his one time Warner Bros. associate, Frank Tashlin (Tashlin began as an animation director and went onto direct live action films), this is the second-to-last animated film produced by MGM and directed by Chuck Jones. Released in 1967. The final was Jones’s only feature length film “The Phantom Tollbooth” released in 1970.
You can watch the cartoon here.
- monomila reblogged this from directedbychuckjones
- elblogdelasofy reblogged this from directedbychuckjones
- luceyy likes this
- tedwassanasong likes this
- austinphotos likes this
- michaeljruocco likes this
- nutellaflavored-mandingowarrior likes this
- sleepyvolf reblogged this from directedbychuckjones
- directedbychuckjones posted this